Tuesday 11 January 2011

POSTCARD OF THE WEEK: No. 1

I own too many lovely jubly postcards. On reasoning that “it’s only 30p” at the galleries and museums, I’ve ended up with LOADS. In a bit to ‘better’ myself (ha to the neats) I’ll do a postcard of the week, every week. Sharin’s carin’ :-) (Reid, 2010).





Nyrmla’s Wedding 2, 1995-6
The Singh Twins

One of my faves! Bought at the National Portrait Gallery. The National Gallery is too big, I like faces. The Singh Twins live on The Wirral (my home town) and I’m a twiny too so I find them instantly likeable!! Such a shame the photograph is shite – its f’in beautiful, incredible detail, sheer artistic skill. I love how the clash of Indian heritage and westernised consumerism is conveyed in this piece (check out Ronald McDonald in the background!) amongst the flourishing eastern patterns.
:-)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment